2015 was another great year for all of us at Wilderness North. Once our season slows down, we pause and reflect how fortunate we are to live here on the doorstep to the amazing Canadian wilderness.
Krista and I just returned from a trip to Chile, learning so much about that country (now experiencing the arrival of Spring). We met with foreign travel companies booking worldwide adventures and introduced them to the Wilderness North Experience. For us, the trip helped renew our recognition of extraordinary value the Ontario Boreal … especially to savvy travelers from all over the world!
As we look forward to our 2016 season we are in the planning stages for some great news for guests:
- Our boats at the lodges will be retrofitted with new locators/depth finders – plus a GPS – so guests can find a different adventure than being lost in the wilderness 🙂
- Guests who stay over at McKenzie house will be served a fully cooked breakfast before boarding their flights at the beginning their adventure.
- Our premium destination on the Albany river – Miminiska Lodge – has received a new lodge roof, and major cabin renovations
- Travelers from Chicago, Appleton or Milwaukee, may now opt for direct flights to our grass landing strip at Miminiska Lodge
- We are creating a “Catch The Biggest” contest for our guests to help bring back the biggest pike in Ontario trophy (we won it in 2005)
Your trip planner has all the details, plus ways to help save you money for early bookings. And I’ll tell you more in future newsletters.
~Alan & Krista~