Embrace a traditional way of travel as you make your way through the Canadian wilderness, paddling down rapids, sleeping under the stars, visiting historic sites and enjoying the opportunity to unplug from technology and connect with one another. Cap off your Canadian adventure with a stay at our full-service wilderness lodge before beginning your journey home on an iconic De Havilland float plane. The route is adaptable for all-ages and provides excitement for the whole family.
$2995 CAD/person • 9 nights • August 14 - August 23
- Entry-level whitewater.
- Smooth rock-shored lakes.
- Winding river sections with incredible fishing.
- Ogoki Historic Lodge.
- Wendell Beckwith Cabins.
- Approx. 10 rapids/portages (dependent on water levels).
- Downtime for photography, painting, fishing etc.
- Local craft beer.
- Quality gear.
- Wildlife opportunities: caribou, moose and black bear
- Paddling experience: entry-level
- 1 night lodging in Armstrong
- 7 nights fully-outfitted camping
- 2 nights lodging at Striker’s Point Lodge
- Fully-outfitted (high quality gear, including fully outfitted canoes)
- 2 experienced river guides
- 3 prepared meals a day and beverages with dinner
- Lodge amenities (kayak, canoe, campfire etc)
- Shuttle to put-in
- flight from Strikers Point Lodge to Armstrong Station, ON
- 1 day motor boat rental
Coming from Toronto, I was a bit nervous to be out in the woods. This worry quickly faded, we had simply the most wonderful time. I learnt how to not only stern a canoe, but paddle down rapids. Staying at the lodge at the end was also such a treat. Would recommend this trip to anyone!
Where Adventure and Luxury Meet
Jim and Angela embarked on Wilderness North’s Journey to the Center of the Universe canoeing adventure! 7-days were spent on a guided trip canoeing and camping in the Canadian…Read the Article