With more than 250,000 lakes and 60,000 miles of river teeming with walleye, northern pike, lake trout and brook trout, Northern Ontario is the number one fishing destination in North America. Whatever you’re seeking – be it the trophy catch of your lifetime, quality time with family and friends or the solitude of our boreal forests, you’ll find it here. Welcome to Northern Ontario. Welcome to Wilderness North.
- Floatpplane flights to and from the outpost from Armstrong or Nakina
- Lund fishing boats outfitted with 15hp Yamaha motors (padded swivel seats, minnow buckets, anchors, landing nets, boat safety kit)
- Accommodations for 6 to 8 people
- Woodstove in common room
- Indoor washroom with shower and hot running water
- Outdoor toilet
- Propane stove with oven
- Propane refrigerator with top freezer
- All cookware and utensils
- Outdoor propane BBQ
- Solar or propane lights
- Wi-Fi Internet for communication
Located in the depths of the boreal forests, our collection of Outpost Cabins offer you a lake all to yourself with no competition or distraction. All Outpost Cabins come with the Outpost Plan service option.
I have been fishing Ogoki Lake for the past 40 years. When I was a young man my father took me to Ogoki. The year before my father passed away I had the privilege of taking him to Ogoki 25 years later. The tradition continues as I have taken my son to the same place every year since he was nine years old. My son will graduate from college this year. It is my belief, making wonderful memories is how life should be lived.
Their facilities and equipment are well kept, clean, and in great working order. Their staff is friendly and courteous. Most importantly the fishing is incredible! A friend and I were talking in the boat one day, we came to the conclusion that a very small fraction of the population have been blessed to see and experience this wilderness area.