Pan Seared Walleye (Lemon Pepper)
Pan Seared Walleye is just one easy method for cooking pretty much any type of fish. The type of fish used, doesn’t have to be walleye. It can work with just about any type of white fish such as cod or tilapia.
Walleye is so tasty just pan fried with some butter and a little tarter sauce.
I just use some good old lemon pepper seasoning and butter and garnished it with some fresh parsley.
2 – 4 to 6 oz walleye fillets , removing skin is optional
1 – tablespoon of butter
1 – teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 4-5 min
Total Time: 4-5 min
Yield: 2 servings
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the oil or butter to the pan.
- Season the walleye filets generously with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Place the fish right over the melted butter.
- Then put a pan over the top of the fish. This creates steam in the inside of the pan.
- Cook the fish 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the fish reaches a temperature of 145 degrees. The walleye will turn white when it is done cooking.
Krista’s Kitchen is a creation of Krista Cheeseman who with her husband Alan Cheeseman own and operate Wilderness North. Krista’s Culinary Arts Degree and Food Management Certification makes her the perfect match for the foods and meals prepared for Wilderness North guests.