Where are you located?
Our Guest Services Center and headquarters are in Thunder Bay and are easily accessible from Thunder Bay International Airport or via major highways. We can be found at 531 Shipyard Dr.
How much weight are guests allowed per person?
Miminiska Lodge: 50lbs. per person
Makokibatan Lodge: 75lbs. per person
Striker’s Point Lodge: 75lbs. per person
Whitewater Lodge: 125lbs per person
Mojikit CHannel Lodge: 125lbs per person
All Outposts: 125lbs per person
* for floatplane flights originating out of Armstrong, overweight will be charged at $1 per pound. If a separate plane is needed to bring the gear in, charter rates will apply. Flights originating out of Thunder Bay or Nakina need to be especially cautious, sticking to weight limits
How long is the floatplane ride?
The float plane ride can be as short at 20 mins or as long as 2 hours, depending on your chosen destination. In some cases, we utilize a wheeled plane to access Miminiska Lodge.
What are the temperatures like in Northern Ontario?
Average Monthly Temperatures
May:High of 62*F (17*C)-Low of 37*F (3*C)
June:High of 69*F (20*C)-Low of 45*F (7*C)
July:High of 76*F (24*C)-Low of 52*F (11*C)
Aug:High of 74*F (23*C)-Low of 50*F (10*C)
Sept:High of 63*F (17*C)-Low of 41*F (5*C)
Do I need to bring any of the following?
- Life-Jackets – Legally required for all passengers in a boat. Life-jackets (otherwise known as Personal Floatation Devices) are provided at full-service lodges and are also available to rent for outpost and housekeeping guests.
- Depth/fish finders – Provided free of charge at lodges and available for rent for outpost guests.
- Live Bait – Many guests use artificial bait, but we do have minnows, crawlers, and leeches available for pre-order.
- Bagged Ice – Available for all guests. If going to an outpost it will be flown in with you.
- Drinking water – Potable water is available at all full service lodges. However, outpost and housekeeping guests should bring a water treatment system, boil water, or bring bottled water.
- Communication equipment – Free WiFi is provided at all our facilities; only a mobile device with Internet capabilities is required.
How can I pay for my trip?
We accept cash, VISA, MasterCard, and personal cheques for both deposits and final payment. All our rates are in USD. For other currencies, the daily exchange rate will be used to calculate payments
We do not accept American Express or Discover cards.
We are non-residents of Canada; do we still have to pay all of the tax?
Guests will be charged the full 13% HST however non-residents are entitled to a 6.5% refund upon submitting a tax rebate form to the Canadian government. We will provide all necessary paperwork for submission.